Thursday, February 27, 2014

Now What?!?!


Do you ever just feel like "Hey, now what?!" "What is my next adventure", "What should I be doing with this grown up life of mine?"  Don't get me wrong, my life is very blessed and I wouldn't trade in any of the things I have for the next adventure, but instead of finding this "Nailed it... happily married with an adorable baby, awesome friends and a job I really find value in- feeling" I find myself struggling with an inner voice that is full of restlessness.  Life has always had a path with some major checklist milestones: High school, college, Graduate school, professional career, get married, have kids AND.... what comes next? What happens once you check all those boxes?  

I guess the really amazing and terrifying answer to "What next?"  is-  anything I want! And BOOM there it is .... the really big question. 

Time to set some new goals and find a way to follow through.  I have always been a procrastinator, I work best under pressure, so when there is no externally imposed deadline I kind of suck at follow through, which means all the things on my "to do " list just stay there... trapped, sad, wishing I would come along with my dry erase marker and free them from their months of purgatory on the white board in my office.   Time to start setting some goals and crossing them off, we only get this one beautiful life and I don't want to miss a minute of what it has to offer. 

What's the saying... "A goal without a deadline is a wish"  for this girl, it's time to wish less and do more.  


xo

Nic








No comments:

Post a Comment