Sunday, January 19, 2014

Chubby Laundry

Don't you just love a Sunday?  Today's Bronco win made this one especially sweet.  

Let's sum up the week shall we?  

I'm down a total of 7 pounds in two weeks which feels great considering I'm not starving, I've had some (GASP!) chocolate and a delicious margarita.  I'm not really calorie counting, but I would guess that I'm right around 1,500 per day.  I've been weighing in daily, more out of curiosity than anything else- starting to notice what certain foods - um hello Gluten- do to my progress.  Shakeology is a staple of my daily routine usually breakfast and again in the afternoon if cravings are bad and I need something quick.  A friend asked me this week "why I'm so obsessed with the stuff"  I will dedicate a whole post to that this week - I know, I know the suspense is killing you.  

Okay as promised here's a brief summary of the rest of the workouts from the week: 

Day Four:  The Challenge
This is 30 minutes of push up and pull ups, plain and simple ( or not so simple... ) I am using the resistance bands with the over the door attachment -still getting a great burn in the back and chest since pulls up and this girl do not go together (yet!) You pick a number of push ups and a number of pull ups that you aim to do for all the sets and modifications. Standard, wide grip, chin ups and military are just a few of the variations you can expect.  The boys on this workout don't mess around, they are pull up machines.  I'm doing 10 push ups and 15 "pull ups" which leaves me so sore for two days that my blow dryer feels like the world's heaviest object. needless to say Friday was a dirty bun day- girls you know what I'm talking about. 

Day Five: CVX
LOVE This workout.  Cardio moves with a light weight. I'm using 3 pounds and Tony recommends no more than 12. This is all about getting a full body burn there's jumping and squatting  and doing jumping jacks while pressing the weight straight up in the air.  Everything is just a little bit wobbly when this one is done.

Day Six: The Warrior
This sucker is hard.  The hubs and I did this one together today and It was brutal.  This is the workout that Tony H. takes around to the military bases.  Upper, lower, core, cardio AND repeat.... If I could only fit one workout in a week It would be this one it's killer.  

Cue some pics : 

 Crab cake salad. Whole Foods 

 Pink pants helping me get through CVX. 

 Setting a good example for my little dude. Watching me do The Challenge 

Post The Warrior breakfast -Free range Organic eggs of course!


Feeling great going into week three.  The workouts are non negotiable and focusing on intuitive eating is getting easier and easier.  I'm determined to get this tummy flat again and live a healthy lifestyle that my kiddo can watch and follow.  Being tired and stressed and a wife, mom , therapist (you name it) can easily become an excuse as to why I can't be on the top of my own list and I tried that strategy.  Not taking care of myself started stealing the joy from my days,  I was only thinking about food, what I would eat next or how I "shouldn't" eat anything. The feeling of my jeans cutting into my tummy while playing on the floor with my kiddo is a sensation I decided I was ready to be done with - so here I am, airing my chubby laundry on a blog and it feels great!  

Happy Sunday everyone! 

xoxo 

Nic 





No comments:

Post a Comment