Monday, January 27, 2014

One Pound Away !



The Scale: 

I am officially one pound away from being done with my baby weight and that is no small feat considering I delivered my little dude at 198 glorious pounds.  Yep.  Almost 200 hundred pounds people!  I'm sort of hoping that confetti will shoot out of the scale when this major moment happens.  I have a total love hate relationship with the scale. I love when it moves, I hate when it doesn't. In those moments when it doesn't, I take a good hard look at what I've been eating and if I've been drinking enough water ( the answer is usually no).  In keeping track of my food right now, I realized all my snacking and bites of Sutty's food was not helping me have an accurate calorie count and I realized that on some days when I was busy being a mom and therapist I was eating way too little which doesn't help either.  This might not work for everyone, but weighing in daily and journaling my food is helping.

I've tried to lose this baby weight since Sutty was 6 months old he is now 14 months old, so needless to say I tried and failed many , many , many times before.

This time feels different. I feel like I am just living a healthy intentional lifestyle rather than a diet (cliche' yes, but also true).  I shoot for about 1,500 calls a day.  Sometimes more sometimes less. I still eat guacamole and the very necessary ice cream sandwich it's not always organic or homemade, but you know what life goes on and I'm only human.

The Food:

Shakeology! I cannot say enough good things about this.  Both the hubby and I are drinking it daily.  It's full of super foods and nutrient dense, I drink the vegan chocolate and strawberry.  It tastes delicious and is my go to quick easy breakfast when I need to get out the door with the kiddo.

My big secret in this department these days is ..... portion control.  Guess what, you can still have crackers but not half a box, or if you must ( and some days you must) have chocolate a single serving of Sundrops ("healthy" M&M type candies) is 180 amazing tasting calories and I always have them in my house to keep me from a Snickers bar binge.

I'm a vegetarian and a relatively picky eater, I could eat the same foods on rotation every week and often do. I read that people who are successful with weight loss eat this way.  I still have pizza, crab cakes, fish tacos I just make them at home so I can control the portions.  I follow lots of food blogs, food pages on Insta and FB to keep me motivated. I will post some of my favs soon.  My biggest change with food is I don't throw it all away on the weekends.  No more late night Taco Bell and huge stacks of pancakes for this girl.  I literally pulled a Kind bar out of my clutch this weekend on a group night out.  I was hungry so I ate- just not pizza.

A few go to meals from the day:

Veggie wrap. Lettuce, tomato, olive oil mayo (GASP), cheese, shredded carrots 
a few organic wheat crackers

Green Smoothie- this was in addition to my morning ShakeO. Blueberries, strawberries, almond milk, ice and spinach. So yummy! The kiddo drinks these too.  

Dinner: Risotto, quinoa burger, steamed broccoli, roasted sweet potato. 

The Workouts: 
My workout schedule has gotten a little more aggressive this week. My amazing sister has convinced me that getting back into running is a good thing.  We are running a half marathon together in Brooklyn in 13 weeks.  I've run a full Marathon before, so I have ran 13 miles many times but I stopped once I found out I was pregnant.  So for the next 13 weeks,  in addition to 6 days a week of P90X3  I am adding in three runs.  Two 30 minute runs and one distance run per week ( I follow the Jeff Galloway school of running).  It's a challenge for sure. I went out for my first distance run this weekend and it felt amazing. I did 3 miles and felt like I could have easily kept going much longer.  13 miles I'm coming for ya.  

pre run selfie... because this is my blog and I can :) 

Colorado is a beautiful place for a Sunday run. 



Whew! We made it to the end of the post.  Thanks for hanging in there.  

xoxo 

Nic 






No comments:

Post a Comment