Thursday, January 9, 2014

Stress!

Does anyone else use any excuse to sabotage your healthy efforts?  Is "tomorrow" the magical day where you will really start your diet?  



I was having a chat with one of my besties today about this and it's definitely something I struggle with.  "Oh I have a long stressful day today" naturally this means I am entitled to donuts for breakfast and once I have this donut it's an "effed day" so I proceed to have all the "cheats" or "bad food" I can get into one day and vow to "start again tomorrow" and round and round we go.  I have been in this cycle now for months gaining and losing the same 15 pounds.  There's always that nagging internal voice that says "you can't" or "give up" or "you deserve that chocolate".  This week, I've been telling that voice to shut the hell up. The first few days that voice got louder and stronger and frankly that voice became a real bitch.  That voice might always be there but for now my voice (and Tony Horton's) are winning this battle.  

Almost done with week one of P90X3 and it's amazing. 30 minutes of hard work and a meal plan that forces you to learn about food and portion sizes instead of prescribing certain rigid recipes.  

I'm down 3 pounds already and feeling sore every morning is a great motivator to keep going. 

So... to any of you who struggle with that internal voice that says you can't - you CAN - that bitch is a liar.  

Thanks for being on this journey with me.  

xoxo 

Nic 







No comments:

Post a Comment